Thursday 26 January 2012

Guess who's coming for dinner!...food share



One of the biggest challenges I face is getting a healthy dinner on the table every night...and my daughter is a picky eater, so most nights I'm making multiple meals to suit everyone's tastes!!

For this reason, I got together with two girlfriends and started a 'food share' supper club. Each Wednesday when we meet at music class, one of us is responsible for providing the other two with a meal for that evening. The meals are not intended to be haute cuisine nor expensive to prepare, but nonetheless they are always delicious and nutritious. The result is that I only cook every third Wednesday; the other two weeks I get a meal cooked for me!! I just love the idea of busy moms helping other busy moms.

So far our meals have included ...
beef stew
turkey chili
pulled pork
roasted vegetable frittata
southwestern quinoa salad
meal pies
sausage soup
muligatawany
veggie pasta
sweet potato sheppard's pie
quiche
mac and cheese
chicken curry with basmati rice

....the list goes on!

Tonight Kate made cashew chicken lettuce wraps and barley/butternut squash/broccoli salad

This is the perfect 'package' of goodies that Kate gave me when I saw her today.

....and this is the delicious meal on our plates at dinner time! What a treat!



Yum!

Do you have any good recipes that I should cook for a future food share? I think next week I am going to buy a whole chicken and make soup the way my mom does after a big turkey dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment