Friday 30 March 2012

Cake pops!



As I mentioned in this previous post, I am beginning to put together the details for my daugther's third birthday party (though it's the first time we've had a real party for her). I have been trolling other blogs for ideas, and ended up marrying inspiration from Lindsay and Shannon.

I loved Lindsay's idea here of using Tim Bits to make cake pops. We're going to have birthday cake, but I think cake pops are the perfect alternative dessert for little hands. I am going to keep it simple and not even ice them....Tim Bits are so delicious on their own!

Shannon blogged here the other day about Omiyage, a company that sells Japanese paper and tape. I decided to order myself some of the tape, and in keeping with the party's sports theme each of the cake pop sticks is going to have a little 'flag' on it. I just wrapped a piece of tape around each post and then cut it on the angle on either side.

I bought a bag of 35 lollipop sticks at IQ Living on the Danforth for $3.99, and cut them in half so I'll have 70 cake pops for the kids to feast on.

Fun!

1 comment: