Thursday 10 May 2012

Turf

I took the picture above on a walk through Riverdale this morning. Would you believe this is turf? I have noticed a handful of houses our neighborhood with turf. It looks very much like real grass and is arguably better for the environment than grass, with no watering or fertilizer required.

Like Janice, we have had a lot of trouble growing grass in our back yard. This year we are trying a grass seed made for shade, but if it doesn't work I am intrigued by the idea of turf...our back yard is the size of a postage stamp, so it can't be that expensive, right?

Has anyone had an experience with turf? I'm digging it!

3 comments:

  1. Ooohh NICE!!

    What seed are you trying? Have you had any luck yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are just using a PC one....we didn't get the opportunity to talk to Mr. Scott, like you!!! I am curious to see if yours works....we just seeded last weekend, so no progress to report yet. I am eager to try turf though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we both fail at growing grass, maybe we can get a bulk deal on the turf! :-)

    ReplyDelete